Others Unity Making a 'found phone'/chat app type sim?

aromatease

Mar 7, 2022
I'd like to make a framework for a found phone type game - not just the game itself, but a framework that can be put out there for people to use. Those kinds of games are super fun and hot, and it frustrates me that there's not much out there for it. I've found some bits and pieces - chat systems in Ren'py, for example, and chatgamemaker (which seems to be down now), but a lot of these seem clunkier than it should be, or limited in scope.

Problem is, I've spent years trying to put something like this together, but I get overwhelmed with a lot of the game dev side of things. I know it's really a simple UI issue, but for some reason I'm still having difficulty. I'm more of an artist/writer.

Does anyone have any ideas for how I can get started, have ideas for projects you can point me in the direction of, or is anyone interested in collaborating with me on this?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
If you really want to move ahead with a partner, write up more detailed plans and examples, and then look for a collaborator in the Recruitment subforum. There are often programmers without art skills posting there for projects to work on. If you have a bunch of material already prepared, perhaps you could find someone who could help build the UI/logic parts.