Unity Daz Need advice from experienced Puppet2D users or Sprite Animators

ShadowxHit

Oct 8, 2017
I'm using puppet2D in unity to animate sprites, I don't need any crazy animations but just to give it a little life to character sprites. I've seen some devs use this technique where instead of rendering the animations frame by frame in daz which takes longer, they use tools like puppet2D for some basic animations like idle animation where you see the character slightly moving or breathing etc. All of this is done using a single T pose character render.

So I am looking for a good process and also alternatives to puppet2D that anyone can provide me. So anyone who has some decent experience around this, I would greatly appreciate any advice, guides, tutorials or whatever.

An example from a developer that use this technique is The Architect. So if you played any of his games, you probably know what I mean by these idle sprite animations etc.

Thanks

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I'm confused, are you making images in DAZ or 2d sprites in Unity?

ShadowxHit

Oct 8, 2017
I'm confused, are you making images in DAZ or 2d sprites in Unity?
I'm Rendering it in Daz but I don't wanna animate it in Daz through multiple renders which takes longer. So I render one image of the character in a T pose and then put that through unity and try to animate it using 2D animator.

Reactions: osanaiko