4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I understand what you're saying, and you're right about one thing: you really have to be passionate to keep creating games, especially when the financial returns don't always match the time and energy invested. For me, Patreon members aren't just sources of income, but first and foremost people who believe in my projects and actively support them.
To begin with, any art requires sacrifice, this applies to your hobby of creating a game.
Therefore, when you began to focus on the time spent or the players who support you, it seemed to me personally that you depended on them.

Therefore, if you think everything is as you described, you do not need to tell people about it, it looks like excuses from the outside.

Of course, their financial contributions are an additional motivation, and that's why I offer them some perks in return. However, money isn't my only driving force. My main goal is still to create games that people enjoy and that bring pleasure to the players.
I didn't know financial contributions were motivation, I thought all the time it was a reward for the creators of good games, so I'm a fool.

Are you not motivated by money? Then why are you selling pirated content and trying to justify support by hiding the sale of content behind it?

I'm saying that soon people really won't have the patience to tolerate version 0.1 selling content and they'll stupidly start sending complaints about such game developers.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Only a child would work for free, right? I mean, whether it’s about the money or just that personal satisfaction, there’s always a price for your time! Not everyone’s born rich or living it up in their mom’s apartment without a care, you know?
Of course, no one will work for free.
But this does not apply to hobbies, believe me, I am able to evaluate things and draw conclusions about what is a job and what is a hobby.

And hey, you mentioned an extreme example, but didn’t think about how most people quit their games because life just gets too stressful. That’s how adult life goes. Seriously, you’ve got to trust me on this—having financial support is important. I’m sure you can relate to that in some way!
How do they abandon their projects or close them?

Bad game design, loss of interest in the game, bad game code, lack of sales of the game, bad reputation.
Wow, how many reasons have you listed to me, and well, in the end there will probably be a reason about your personal life;)

I’m not looking to debate or anything; there’s really nothing more to say. It’s not like we’re back in 2017. I’ve got too many stories of my own that make me hold tight to my beliefs, no matter what.
I will not put on a collar of normality and put up with the fact that illegal content is being sold to me under the pretext of support.

I just felt the need to post this because I saw you start this argument in another thread, and it made my blood boil to see you trying again.
I did not argue, but explained to people what the author of the game was trying to get them to do and that was it.
(This does not apply to 3d or 2d content, where the author actually makes content and wants to earn it is already his right.)

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I was nice to you and put effort into writing something that was both thoughtful and entertaining.

You came off a bit rude.
;) Buddy, don't worry about it.
I don't need worldwide love or appreciation, I live and do what I like and think is right.

:) Isn't that what they call a free man?)

a_furbyz

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I've lost track of the conversation. What exactly is being criticized about my game and me? If it's because I thank my Patreon members, do you think it's too much to thank the people who support you? When I give a tip to a server, they thank me... it's just politeness.
Is it excessive that I've blocked a girl for the members? I’ll ask my Patreon members and see if they find it too "capitalist." Please, let's avoid unnecessary debates about the message of the game.

I'd like to get feedback on the game itself.

Jun 10, 2021
I've lost track of the conversation. What exactly is being criticized about my game and me? If it's because I thank my Patreon members, do you think it's too much to thank the people who support you? When I give a tip to a server, they thank me... it's just politeness.
Is it excessive that I've blocked a girl for the members? I’ll ask my Patreon members and see if they find it too "capitalist." Please, let's avoid unnecessary debates about the message of the game.

I'd like to get feedback on the game itself.
The issue is not to block a girl for your patreon's members, the issue is blocking a girl in your first release, maybe wait for the game to grow a bit more, with more content then add a "patreon" part to it. Right now it just looks like you created the game to say "Oh you like it, then pay to access one more girl"

Btw, I saw that you are a french speaker and I can say that I didn't see a lot of grammatical mistakes

a_furbyz

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback.

I will release version 0.2 sooner than expected, there will be more content.
I pay close attention to my translations, but nothing is perfect. It's very challenging, especially when using figures of speech.

Reactions: Skyler

a_furbyz

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Any browser with the Blink rendering engine (Chrome, Edge, Opera, Brave) I mentioned this mainly for people on iOS, and I found it simpler to just say Chrome.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Im well aware, it was. Im only stating that there is some kind of resemblence to people learning their trade
Here, depending on what level of craft, you can learn to just do it as a hobby, or you can do it as a job.
But it's still up to the person himself, he can learn and just do his job without developing this knowledge or develop it.
Or maybe go the other way, develop your skills.

But one thing bothers me about this developer, he is easily influenced by others for the sake of money.
Don't you believe it? Look at his old game and how he quickly deleted the whole character content and replaced it, because people started whining that the actress had died.

a_furbyz

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Feyschek : Stop cluttering my game post with fake drama. If you have something to say to me, come in private. Thank you.

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
Based on the dev's interactions on the first three pages of this game post.
I am adjusting my assessment to 3 to 4 months until abandonment.

Last edited:

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Based on the dev's interactions on the first three pages of this game post.
I am adjusting my assessment to 3 to 4 months until abandonment.
I'll be honest, I liked his first game, it was funny, for me personally.
Although the ending of that game was too unclear... It feels like the developer wanted to finish the game and start a new one.

But I was very surprised by his new game and disappointed to see paid access in a game that is not ready yet. -_-

Reactions: TFurguson69
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote