ElCharlo

Game Developer
May 25, 2022
Will the animations always be like that? I know you're using VAM and its all rendering in real time so it can be tough for your pc. I'm not sure how are you recording them though... frame by frame? I'm not saying the animations are bad, but I think there's room for improvement!

Have you tried using AI instead to interpolate the frames from a low fps video and get a smoother animation? I'm working on a VN myself using VAM too and I sometimes use Flowframes to go from like 15 fps to 60 fps+ animations (the more complex ones) :D

UrbanFiction

Urban
Game Developer
Apr 20, 2018
Will the animations always be like that? I know you're using VAM and its all rendering in real time so it can be tough for your pc. I'm not sure how are you recording them though... frame by frame? I'm not saying the animations are bad, but I think there's room for improvement!

Have you tried using AI instead to interpolate the frames from a low fps video and get a smoother animation? I'm working on a VN myself using VAM too and I sometimes use Flowframes to go from like 15 fps to 60 fps+ animations (the more complex ones) :D
*mind blown* lol I’d need a tutorial on that one, I’ve been looking for ways to touch up the animations a bit

EDIT** I just looked up flowframes and man that’s gonna be groundbreaking for the game and it’s animations

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
If you're going to make a game with a White guy route and a Black guy route, what sense does it make to then force people to watch some random Black guy whilst playing the White guy route? Surely, if I wanted to see that, I would be playing the Black guy route, wouldn't I?

UrbanFiction

Urban
Game Developer
Apr 20, 2018
If you're going to make a game with a White guy route and a Black guy route, what sense does it make to then force people to watch some random Black guy whilst playing the White guy route? Surely, if I wanted to see that, I would be playing the Black guy route, wouldn't I?
If you don't like it, don't play it. Thanks for trying out the game!

UrbanFiction

Urban
Game Developer
Apr 20, 2018
For those who don’t follow the Patreon, I apologize for the delay. The tech update took a bit longer than anticipated as I learned quite a bit of things and improved as I went along (such as lighting, smoother animation techniques, better Python to make choices actually matter.) I decided not to rush. With that being said I’m around 95% complete, and expecting to finish the last 5% this week to release this upcoming weekend on Patreon.

While the update is a tech update, I took a poll on Patreon to decide what ladies to include in the update as a bonus. Per results, the update will continue the story of Lorraine, Sin, and Sandra. I felt like one MC had a bit more content than the other with the choice, however, so to balance it I also included a short extension of scenes involving Janice and Maddie. This does not include bonus scenes and XXX content that the tech update will also introduce.

I’ve been a bit radio silent on here, as I’ve been in between working in real life and trying to get this done, so I apologize and will try to be more active. As always subscribe to Patreon for exclusives and faster updates and I can’t wait for you guys to try out the update.

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
I was baited by the dev's signature and clicked to check this out. It seems interesting. When the update comes out later this week, I'll definitely give it a try. Good luck, MetropolitanFigment.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: UrbanFiction

mario01

Nov 3, 2020
If you don't like it, don't play it. Thanks for trying out the game!
Your game is great don't listen to those comments it reminds me of Man in Black I think it's called the movie where you team up black and white against the Aliens.
It is very entertaining and has to expand the story.

• Red Heart
Reactions: UrbanFiction
4.80 star(s) 11 Votes