• Keep

Votes: 527 61.5%
  • Yeet

Votes: 330 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lululight

Sep 7, 2022
Tried 3 different browsers(Brave, Firefox, Edge) and no matter what, after the second girl it breaks. Everything just vanishes and the page goes blank. Kinda sad since it seemed like my kind of thing.

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
babesafetimer was reduces drastically it seems, it was 20 seconds and went to just 4 seconds.
Code:
Reduced default safe timer from 5-10 seconds to 3-6 seconds
By roughly 40%. Do you think this was too much?

Tried 3 different browsers(Brave, Firefox, Edge) and no matter what, after the second girl it breaks. Everything just vanishes and the page goes blank. Kinda sad since it seemed like my kind of thing.
Damn that sucks, mind sending me what the browser's javascript console prints out? Screenshot or copypaste, whatever works best for you.

Lululight

Sep 7, 2022
Code:
Reduced default safe timer from 5-10 seconds to 3-6 seconds
By roughly 40%. Do you think this was too much?

Damn that sucks, mind sending me what the browser's javascript console prints out? Screenshot or copypaste, whatever works best for you.
Is this what you mean?

1726101075452.png

Reactions: aereton

Lululight

Sep 7, 2022
Okay, I think it's because I had Chubby hearted. I just tried messing with those again and it's now made it past the second clip at least.

AsheiStone

Jun 9, 2022
First of all I like the game, but I set shemale to heart and it was breaking until I realized I needed to buy cards first and that fixed it. That was on me but maybe have a way to know that ahead of time/have some starters?

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
initally I had a (although lowered) cock chance even when swiping but it felt unfair, as if you are choosing to stand in Blackjack but your hand still increases. Get what I'm saying?
Ah whoosp I miscommunicated there, my apologies, :eek: I was only intending for it to add to why I felt that there needed to be a way to "fight" the bad clips.
Otherwise I agree totally, I need to implement more control for the player, more interactivity so to speak.
Glad I got this bit across clearly at least. :geek:
I should probably implement a "soft guard" of sorts, so that the current clip can play to the end without triggering any cocks when the guard vanishes mid-clip.
Dick phases are not measured by individual clips but by a randomly generated duration. If a cock clip is shorter than that duration it will just play another random one.
I agree with having an invisible "soft guard" (which is RNG of it's length) so then it avoids back to back bad clip phases. I also suggest having the bad clip phases more clear about if your in one continuous one (multiple small clips) you don't end up getting confused why you just got hit with a ton of bad clip phases,
The game just wasn't designed to behave that way. Initially it was just meant to be a silly little prototype, the project already grew way more in scope than I'm actually comfortable with in terms of development time.
Ah rip....that there is feature creep and honestly forget about everything I've said above then since you've said right here that the scope is past what your okay with. Please instead take a breather to step back and look at everything you currently have set to do to "complete" this and what you originally had planned and make the hard decision on what your cutting and then stick to that new plan.
No more adding to the plan what so ever after that, as the more feature creep that occurs the worse your chances will become at completing this before you lose your enthusiasm/motivation to work on it and it becomes a chore if not impossible to complete/fix bugs without restarting from the ground up.
Once this is finished you can look at making another one with what you cut and start off the new game with framework to accommodate it all and make it easier for you to do it all.
Will definitely steal that screen effects suggestion though! That could be pretty neat.
Can be but can also be draining and difficult to add, go ahead if you feel like it. I suggest looking at Hero Corruption 2 and Indyc 's Keystroke and Trials of the Succubi games as they may inspire you.

papa_jo

Jun 2, 2020
Man. The concept is pretty simple yet it works pretty well. Overall it's a very entertaining 'game'.
Can't believe no one did this earlier.

• Red Heart

Kittsu

Nov 25, 2017
Why is this making my 4090 go from 3% idle usage to 30% usage, it's just video clips. The fans get loud too.

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
First of all I like the game, but I set shemale to heart and it was breaking until I realized I needed to buy cards first and that fixed it. That was on me but maybe have a way to know that ahead of time/have some starters?
Ye, I fumbled that one pretty hard. Those issues will be addressed with a hotfix.

Once this is finished you can look at making another one with what you cut and start off the new game with framework to accommodate it all and make it easier for you to do it all.
Exactly what I'm intending. :) Not worrying about feature creep though, I made a feasible roadmap when I released my first version here and I'm sticking to that for now, which is why I have to say nay to all the cool suggestions, unfortunately.
I don't think I want to make the same thing twice (but bigger and better!), however a lot of the systems of Cock Roulette were meant as a test bed for something else I wanted to do for a long time.

Why is this making my 4090 go from 3% idle usage to 30% usage, it's just video clips. The fans get loud too.
One review mentioned slowdowns and they resolved it by disabling the overlay fx. I've added a toggle for it in the mean time, should probably look for alternative ways to animate that effect.

Reactions: Rat-attack

z.x

Jul 25, 2020
i have a problem, the video at the start when clicking i am ready works just fine but after the countdown nothing plays just the fx is playing without any video

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
i have a problem, the video at the start when clicking i am ready works just fine but after the countdown nothing plays just the fx is playing without any video
Sounds like decoding issues (since the videos at start still are mp4s, while the rest I converted to webm). Check if your browser version supports vp8/vp9 decoding:

z.x

Jul 25, 2020
Sounds like decoding issues (since the videos at start still are mp4s, while the rest I converted to webm). Check if your browser version supports vp8/vp9 decoding:
i am using firefox and it does support them

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes